How To Make A Telescope Out Of Cardboard Tubes. Steps. Choose one of the cardboard tubes to be the inner tube of your telescope. Cut the cardboard up the length of the tube. Move one edge of the cut tube over the other..
Making a telescope out of cardboard tubes is a great way to explore the stars without having to spend a lot of money. Here are the steps you need to follow to make your own telescope.
- First, you need to get two cardboard tubes. The diameter of the tubes should be roughly the same. The length of the tube will depend on what kind of telescope you want to make.
- The second step is to attach the two tubes together. This can be done by using a strong adhesive such as glue or tape. Make sure the two tubes are securely joined.
- Next, you need to make a lens for the telescope. This can be done by cutting a hole in one end of the tube and then gluing a lens into the hole. Make sure the lens is securely attached.
- The fourth step is to make the eyepiece for the telescope. This can be done by cutting a hole in the other end of the tube and then gluing a piece of glass into the hole. Make sure the glass is securely attached.
- The fifth step is to attach a finder scope to the telescope. This can be done by attaching a small piece of wire to the eyepiece and then attaching a small magnifying lens to the other end of the wire.
- The sixth step is to attach a mount to the telescope. This can be done by attaching a piece of wood or metal to the bottom of the telescope. Make sure the mount is securely attached.
- The last step is to attach a tripod to the mount. This can be done by attaching the tripod to the mount with screws or bolts. Make sure the tripod is securely attached.
Once you have completed these steps, your telescope is ready to use. Be sure to take the time to familiarize yourself with the telescope before using it, as it is important to understand how to use it properly.
Simplest Telescope | English
This really Simple Telescope was designed by SASTA – the South African Agency for Science & Technology. The telescope’s tube consists of 3 cardboard tubes, each 30-cm long. There are two lenses – the BIG OBJECTIVE is Convex-concave and the SMALL EYEPIECE is Concave-concave. The three tubes of slightly different diameters fit into each other and can easily slide. Thus the length of the tube can be increased and decreased. The sliding of the…
A simple refracting telescope is very easy to create. All that is needed are two convex lenses and two cardboard tubes. The ﬁrst part of this activity demonstrates the inner workings. , How To Make A Telescope Out Of Cardboard Tubes.