Rain Bird Sub Surface Emitter Tubing. XFD On-Surface Dripline. The most flexible, pressure-compensating inline emitter tubing available to irrigate ground cover, dense plantings, hedge rows and more. Extra flexible. Emitter tubing is an essential part of your drip irrigation system. Rain Bird offers drip emitter tubing for on-surface, sub-surface and hill/slope applications. 36 Items Sort By 1/2 in Sub.
Rain Bird Sub Surface Emitter Tubing (SST) is an underground irrigation system that provides water to your plants, lawn, and other areas in your landscape. It is designed to deliver water directly to the root zone of your plants and grass, allowing for efficient hydration and reducing water waste. It is a cost-effective, reliable, and easy-to-install watering system that can be used in any size or type of landscape.
The SST system consists of flexible, non-toxic plastic tubing with small emitters built into the walls. These emitters deliver a precise amount of water to the plant roots, providing them with the moisture they need for optimal growth. The flexible tubing allows for easy installation, making it an ideal choice for DIY landscapers.
The SST system is designed to be installed underground in areas where other irrigation systems may not be practical. It is ideal for watering large areas with uneven terrain, such as hillsides and slopes. The tubing is designed to be buried at least 18 inches below ground level, to protect it from freezing temperatures and other extreme weather conditions.
Installing a SST system is relatively easy and can usually be completed in one day. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Plan and layout the system: Decide where the tubing and emitters will be placed, taking into consideration the terrain and other factors such as slope and sunlight.
- Dig and prepare trenches: Use a shovel or trencher to dig trenches for the tubing. Make sure the trenches are at least 18 inches deep. If the slope of the landscape requires it, the trenches can be deeper.
- Install the tubing: Place the tubing in the trenches and connect the segments using couplers. Make sure all connections are secure.
- Attach the emitters: Secure the emitters to the tubing using the provided clamps. Make sure the emitters are facing the direction of the plants.
- Backfill the trenches: Use the dirt from the trenches to backfill the area and provide support for the tubing. Make sure the tubing is not exposed.
- Connect to water source: Connect the system to a water source, such as a faucet or hose. Turn on the water and check for leaks.
- Adjust and test: Adjust the emitters to the desired water flow rate. Test the system by running it for several minutes.
Once the SST system is installed, it is easy to maintain and can provide years of reliable service. The emitters should be checked periodically for clogs and the system should be flushed out every few years. This will help ensure that the water is reaching the plants and that the system is functioning at its best.
Rain Bird Sub Surface Emitter Tubing is an efficient and reliable way to provide water to your landscape. It is easy to install and maintain, and can provide years of service. With its precise amount of water delivery and its ability to be installed in areas where other systems may not work, it is an ideal choice for DIY landscapers.
Rain Bird XFS Subsurface Dripline with Copper Shield™ Technology
Rain Bird® XFS Sub-Surface Copper-Colored Dripline with Copper Shield™ Technology is the latest innovation in the Rain Bird Landscape Drip Family. Rain Bird’s patent-pending Copper Shield Technology protects the emitter from root intrusion, creating a long-lasting, low maintenance sub-surface drip irrigation system for use under turf grass or shrub and groundcover areas. A proprietary tubing material makes the XFS Sub-Surface Dripline with…
Find drip emitter tubing for on-surface, sub-surface and slope applications. Shop the Rain Bird Online Store to access expert knowledge and service. Rain Bird® XFS Sub-Surface Copper-Colored Dripline with Copper Shield™ Technology is the latest innovation in the Rain Bird Landscape Drip Family. Rain Bird’s patent. The most flexible, pressure-compensating inline emitter tubing available to irrigate ground cover, dense plantings, hedge rows and more. Extra flexible tubing for fast, easy., Rain Bird Sub Surface Emitter Tubing.